Welcome to the Mankato and Blue Earth County Economic Development Authorities (EDA) Housing Choice Voucher waiting list application.
This web-based process will assist you in applying for a place on the waiting list for the Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) program. Apply at any time while the wait list is open. See “Registration Status” box to the right for wait list status. The EDAs will conduct a sort of all eligible applications and place selected applicants on the Mankato/Blue Earth County Housing Choice Voucher waiting list.
Upon completion of registration, write down the tracking number for your records.
To successfully apply, provide the following information:
First and last names of all members of your household.
Social security numbers of all members of your household.
The total gross annual income of your household. This includes Supplemental Security Income (SSI), wages, unemployment, Social Security, and Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP), General Assistance, child support, and any other income received.
A valid address to which the EDA staff can send correspondence.
A valid phone number at which the EDA can contact you.
To meet the Mankato and Blue Earth County EDA’s eligibility criteria:
Provide accurate information. Submission of false information or misrepresentation may result in loss of eligibility to participate in the Housing Choice Voucher Program. Applicants must have a valid address and/or phone number for contact purpose. Applicants who cannot be contacted will have file placed inactive.
Only one application per household. Submission of multiple applications will result in disqualification.
Local Preference. At this time, the Mankato and Blue Earth County EDAs are only accepting applications from individuals and families who qualify for local preference.
* Head of household or spouse/co-head must live in Blue Earth County, work in Blue Earth County, or attend school in Blue Earth County.
* Non-elderly disabled households must live, work, or attend school in Blue Earth, Brown, Dodge, Faribault, Fillmore, Freeborn, Goodhue, Houston, LeSueur, Martin, Mower, Nicollet, Olmsted, Rice, Sibley, Steele, Wabasha, Waseca, Watonwan, or Winona Counties of southeast Minnesota.
* Applicants with veterans status based on DD-214 discharge papers showing previous service or at least 181 consecutive dates or by reason of disability incurred while on active duty.
* Applicant being displaced due to natural disaster or government action.
* Applicant is being displaced due to domestic violence.
Applicant must not exceed the Very Low Income Limit
1 Person = $26,250
2 Person = $30,000
3 Person = $33,750
4 Person = $37,500
5 Person = $40,500
6 Person = $43,500
7 Person = $46,500
8 Person = $49,500
Those with a disability or have language barriers may request accomodation to apply to the wait list. Please contact the EDA office at 311 or 507-387-8600.
Please note that this is not an official U.S. Housing and Urban Development form and is used only for determining eligibility for placement on the Housing Choice Voucher Program waiting list.